Monday, January 01, 2007

Ed Gonzalez: 10 Revelations


1. The Passing of Robert Altman
2. YouTube
3. On High in DV Tomorrows: INLAND EMPIRE
4. Spike Lee's When The Levees Broke
5. The Resurrection of Army of Shadows
6. ¡Que Viva Mexico!: Battle in Heaven and Romántico
7. Exposing Oscar's Sham: Catherine O'Hara in For Your Consideration
8. Cartoon Bliss: Happy Feet and Monster House
9. Dexter and Michael Mann Do Miami
10. Cinematographer as Auteur: Emmanuel Lubezki's Children of Men
___________________________________________________________
Ed Gonzalez is co-founder of Slant Magazine and contributing film editor for PLANETº Magazine. His work has also appeared in City Pages, The Village Voice, and Gay City News.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ryland Walker Knight said...

Hey Ed, would you say start with JAPON or dive right in with BATTLE IN HEAVEN?

9:35 PM  
Blogger ed gonzalez said...

Ummm. Try Japon first, because if you don't jive with Battle in Heaven I have a feeling you won't want to backtrack.

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to watch Battle in Heaven twice to come to a full appreciation of it, but even then it didn't really stand out in my mind. In cases like these, I always assume I'm the one at fault, at least until I'm more familiar with the filmmaker as a whole, so I will try a bit of backtracking in this case. There are quite a few great gems I didn't really "see" until I applied this benefit of the doubt rule, and I'll be damned if I miss out on any others.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Keith Uhlich said...

Japon is really something, Ryland. I'll be interested to hear what you think of it. I've got Battle in Heaven waiting for me at home, via Netflix.

8:46 PM  

<< Home